Your personal information provided by you when you complete a consultation and/or book our services is stored in a folder which is securely locked away and used only to provide my services and for tax reporting purposes. All personal information is shredded and securely disposed of after 2 years.
More information is provided below.
Information We Collect
To fulfil our services, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address and the details of your event which you would like us to provide services for. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil our services, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchase if required by tax law; and
as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services. We use your information as necessary to comply with our obligations as your event manager.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers (e.g vendors/suppliers). We engage certain third parties to perform functions and provide services for your event. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with our services. However, we may also be required to retain this information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. We generally keep your data for the following time period: 2 years.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the UK
We do not store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, We will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the UK and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of UK data protection law, I, Leila Jones, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Leila Jones, Lily Jones Events, 71 Brambling Avenue, Finberry, Ashford, Kent, TN25 7FB